30 Nov 2012

Stila Written in the stars

This über pretty eye shadow palette called "Written in the stars" is part of the Light Up The Night series, Stila's 2012 Holiday collection. The palette contains 12 shades, all such pretty warm and rich colours, perfect for those neutral looks I love so much. The star/snowflake design of the palette is super cute to look at, but to be honest it is a little bit annoying when actually using the palette. Each slot is really small and too narrow for a regular size shading brush. Thank god for my Real Techniques shading brush that I have come to love, it fits perfectly. But except for my "issue" with the actual design of the palette, I have nothing but good things to say about it, just an all-round great new Stila palette.

 
I had a hard time getting the swatches to show up properly on camera. On my lid I always use my trusted UD primer potion, so I can't say how they preform without, but with primer they have good pigmentation and good staying power :) But like with most other Stila eye shadows, be awear of the fallout.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment